Have a comment or question?

Welcome to my blog! Have a comment or question? Feel free to e-mail me and I will post it on the blog with my two-cents! E-mail me at ohionanny2010@gmail.com

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring Planting

The weather is nice and what better activity to do with young children than to take them out to plant and show them first hand where some of our food comes from?

I try and make a point to plant the kinds of things the kids like to eat.



This meant that for the boys, we chose strawberries and a blueberry plant.

For the girl in my new family, we chose cherry tomatoes (she loooooves them).

This makes kids excited, too. They love growing their own food, and eating the food that they grow.

They love learning what it takes to be responsible for the growth, and the pride I see in their eyes as they take on this task is like no other.

It's one of the biggest proofs that work does indeed create pride in accomplishment!

No comments: