Have a comment or question?

Welcome to my blog! Have a comment or question? Feel free to e-mail me and I will post it on the blog with my two-cents! E-mail me at ohionanny2010@gmail.com

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm Going CRAZY!

This displacement that's been going on since January is wearing on me. It's plain difficult to care for the kids properly.

Momboss says next week the majority of renovations should be completed.

I've taken most of it in stride. I'm adaptable. We've made do. I've nannied at the grandparents' house, kept kids in basement or out of the house for most of the day while extensive work is being done. I've noted in another entry the difficulty in keeping the kids in the basement. Blocking the steps, running upstairs to grab food and bottles or more diapers if we run out. Nobody seems to be able to find the monitors, so when anyone is napping on 3rd floor, I run up and down constantly listening for waking children.

This week, renovations have ramped up. There are stone layers laying the chimney. Guys putting in tile backsplash in the kitchen, as well as finishing cabinets. Painters are here. And the cleaning people came. Really?? Amid the dust covering the floor more every second due to sanding drywall, and smoothing stone? Amid the toys strewn all over from the kids being allowed to drag everything out of boxes at will?

On top of that, every day I come in, basic stuff I need for the kids has been moved. I can't find where the dishes have been put. We are out of whole milk for the toddlers. Bottles are littered throughout every level of the house. And guess what else??

I went to make a bottle for the infant, and can't find any formula anywhere. Thinking it's just been moved, I tore everything apart looking for it. Upstairs, downstairs, looking for boxes that might have any.

Finally texted Momboss.

Oops, we're out. Will bring home more.

I have a screaming, hungry 2 month old!

Sigh.

I really, really hope we are back to some kind of order next week as Momboss promises!

No comments: