Have a comment or question?

Welcome to my blog! Have a comment or question? Feel free to e-mail me and I will post it on the blog with my two-cents! E-mail me at ohionanny2010@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

SNOW!!

Having lots of fun with the kiddos during the snow storms that have been in our area the last couple of weeks.. With Christmas right around the corner, it makes for such a magical time for the kids, I think. I recall being young, and Christmas time alone was such a magical time of year, and when snow was added, I remember it being absolutely surreal. I love thinking of that innocent time, and knowing that my preschool charges are in the throes of such a time!


So, snowmen are hard to make. Believe me, we tried. I spent a good portion of 30 minutes bundling the kids up in snow bibs, coats, hats, water proof gloves only for the 3 yr old to holler he needed to potty as soon as we stepped out the door. (yeah - I should have known better and sent them potty BEFORE bundling them. I got what I deserved, but I was SO excited!!)

So, after we spend another 20 minutes on that task, and getting re-bundled, we trekked back outside. We attempted a regular sized snowman, but it wasn't happening. So, we settled on a much smaller one. The kids foraged for twigs, which the dog really helped find (she eats them) and we used a baby carrot cut in half as the nose. They were excited, so that was the key.

They slept good for nap that afternoon.
The next day we did snow angels! What fun!





Afterward, we enjoyed hot cocoa and watched Frosty the Snowman on DVD.

THEN, this week, we went sledding! OMG, I haven't had this much fun for a long while. My own kids were out of school, and with Momboss' permission, we met my kids and their stepmother (who was keeping them for the snow day) at a small hill next to a school.

Everyone was bundled up and everyone had an absolute blast! I don't think my charges had ever gone sledding before, and they were in heaven! The hill was rather small, but to a 3 and 4 yr old, I am sure it was huge! We got lots of pictures and video, and my parent-bosses were thrilled to see it! The kids got excited all over again re-living their sledding day, and explained to their parents each and every moment of footage watched. 





This week, we plan to finish the Christmas crafts that I have had planned that we haven't done yet! We must take advantage of the snow, tho, as it comes! A white Christmas is expected too, which will make things that much more exciting for the kids. We don't get a white Christmas very often in this area!


Merry Christmas!!

No comments: