Have a comment or question?

Welcome to my blog! Have a comment or question? Feel free to e-mail me and I will post it on the blog with my two-cents! E-mail me at ohionanny2010@gmail.com

Monday, December 27, 2010

Update on Former Employer

In my last entry, I told the story of a couple from whom I had accepted a job for an infant nanny. It was an uncomfortable situation, and didn't work out from the get go. I handled it as professionally as I could, and cut it off as soon as I knew it was not going to work (which was only 2 days in) so as to not waste any more time that the parents would need to find another nanny before the Mom went back to work.

This past week, as I said, I had come across the mother on the care site where I had initially found the job. She was advertising for another nanny. It's only been 2 months since I had left, and 1 month since she has returned to work from maternity leave. I had maintained that she would NOT be able to find a quality nanny who would stay long term for what she wanted to pay, while also changing terms as she saw fit. I was curious as to what happened to the nanny they found after me. (yes, yes, I wanted to see if I was , indeed, CORRECT) So I sent her a friendly message, giving her the link to a local nanny community site where she could look at some local nanny profiles for free, and even place her ad, for free.

Here is her reply to me :

Hello [Nanny Me], 

Good to hear from you and I am over being upset now :)

Initially I did think that you were just not liking us or [the baby], which is why you did not want to continue, but I then decided to give you the benefit of the doubt... And thank you for sending this site - I had to re-advertise for a nanny because the one we found after you left, cheated on us and actually left one day without saying anything while [the baby] was sleeping ! And she also stole from us ! Very upsetting and shocking because we treated her very well and trusted her..anyhow, we found someone else but it has been tough... Hope you and your family are doing good. And Merry Xmas / Happy Holidays to you all !


I am curious as to how this new nanny will work out.

Why do I care? I don't, really. But I do have a curiosity on how things work out, and I also don't like to truly burn bridges.

1 comment:

Bethany (nannybster@gmail.com) said...

Oh wow, that's very interesting. One of the families that I used to nanny for had 4 nannies in something like 6 months before me (I found out waayyy later. I stuck it out for 3 mos..) let us know if you hear anything else about this family!