Have a comment or question?

Welcome to my blog! Have a comment or question? Feel free to e-mail me and I will post it on the blog with my two-cents! E-mail me at ohionanny2010@gmail.com

Monday, November 15, 2010

An Introduction

I have been meaning to start a nanny blog for awhile now but just never got around to it. If you're a nanny, and/or a mother, you know how that is! Life is always full of something everyday that needs to be done, and kids always bring surprises!!

So who am I? Just a person who loves working with children, and who has made it pretty much her career choice to do so. Currently I am a live-out nanny for a wonderful family in Ohio. In the past I have worked as a preschool teacher, including a stint in Montessori preschool education. I have children of my own as well, and am happily married.

Why did I start this blog? Does anyone really care what I have to say? Maybe, maybe not. All of my life I have written. Writing is a way for me to express and it allows me to release my thoughts, emotions, etc etc. So, mainly, I write for me since it's been a passion of mine since I have been a very, very young child. I do hope that perhaps someone will read and get something out of it. If no one does, however, it's okay because the release that writing gives for me helps me to get my thoughts in order and give them a tangible place so that I can make room for other thoughts in my head!!

This blog will be a combination of a variety of things. It will contain musings, as well as experiences that I have with my two young charges. There may be questions asked to see if maybe there is a better way to handle a situation that others have found helpful. Ideas may spring forth about activities, cooking fun, and such. I would love for other nannies (or parents who employ nannies) to chime in and give their two cents! It is my opinion that we can always learn more, and that there is no such thing as too many idea to try for any given issue that may arise with children.

So, there it is. My introduction. I welcome all to my inner thoughts of the world of nannying.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi! I'm a long time lurker at ISYN, and I found you in the comments there. :) I'm also a nanny in Ohio!

I look forward to reading your blog - the idea seems really nice!

Bethany said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Aside from being married w/ kids, you sound like me! I worked in a Montessori school and currently nanny. It's nice to see other Ohio nannies!

Ohio Nanny said...

Thanks to both of you for reading, and responding! :)

I love the sharing of ideas. I also like to muse on certain subjects, concepts, etc and spout my opinion at times! LOL. You'll see that on here, I am sure, depending on what I read that may want to expand on without hijacking someone else's blog!!

Hope you stick around!